Burlington, Ontario area dentist offers treatments for kids
Finding a dentist that serves adults is simple, but what about a dentist who provides treatments for the entire family? At Dentistry at La Salle in Burlington, Ontario, our dentist is pleased to offer services for both children and adults under one roof! Dental services for kids may include everything from simple cleanings and evaluations to extensive restorative work as needed.
What treatments are available for children?
While children often have different dental concerns that require specialized care, they also require the same treatments as adults in most cases. Below is a simple list of the treatments available for children:
- Dental cleanings – keeping the teeth clean and healthy is our number one priority with children. When children learn how to care for their smile at an early age, they are more likely to enjoy a beautiful, healthy smile for life! Dental cleanings allow our dental hygienists to remove plaque and tartar from the teeth that may have been hard to reach.
- Dental examinations – x-rays allow our dental team to evaluate the health of the smile, even beyond what we can see. Additionally, they allow a dentist to view teeth before they come through the gumline and check for impaction. An evaluation can also be used to detect problems such as tooth decay and the early stages of gum disease.
- Fluoride and sealants – children are often not nearly as thorough about brushing their teeth as adults, so sometimes they need an extra layer of protection against decay. Fluoride and sealants can be applied to the teeth to help protect them.
- Tooth fillings – if decay occurs, a filling can help keep the decay from spreading and restore the function of the natural tooth.
- Hygiene education – during a visit with our dental team, children will also receive information on how to properly brush and floss their teeth to use their new skills at home to keep their teeth beautiful and healthy!
Interested in dental care for the whole family?
Our dentist is pleased to assist both children and adults with their dental needs. Call (905) 481-9078 to schedule an appointment and learn more about the benefits of affordable, quality care for the entire household! Our practice is located at 18 Plains Road West, Unit 1, and accepts new patients. Call Dentistry at La Salle today.