Dr. Swati Khanna Wins
"Best Dentist" Readers’ Choice Award for Three Years in a Row!
People in and around Burlington, ON have once again shown their love and loyalty towards Dr. Swati Khanna (Dentistry at La Salle) by choosing her for the “Best Dentist” Readers’ Choice Award for 2018. Dr. Khanna was also chosen for this award in 2017 and 2016.
When you lose a tooth, your first concern is probably cosmetic. However, missing teeth can cause many oral health problems as well. We recommend dental implants to our Burlington area patients for maximum aesthetic and health benefits
What are dental implants?
An implant is essentially a prosthetic tooth root. It is inserted in the jawbone, where a natural root would be. The implant serves dual functions, providing excellent stability for replacement teeth and maintaining the bone’s health and strength.
Dental implant treatment is highly customizable
, to replace one or multiple teeth. The number, type, and size of implants needed will be determined after a comprehensive consultation. There are multiple implant options to meet the unique needs of each patient.
- A single implant topped with a porcelain crown is the most common solution for an individual missing tooth.
- Two or more implants can be used to support a specially designed bridge for replacing multiple teeth. The restoration is custom designed to fill the gaps without disturbing remaining natural teeth.
- For replacing all teeth, an implant supported denture may be recommended. Because these dentures do not need suction to hold them in place, they do not cover the roof of your mouth, making them more comfortable and natural feeling than traditional dentures.
- All-On-Four is an innovative implant denture system that uses just four implants to support the plate, making the procedure faster and more economical.
- If you already wear standard removable dentures, they can be retrofitted for dental implants.
The complete implant process generally takes between four and nine months to complete. Patients have the option of wearing temporary restorations, so that they can eat and smile normally during the healing phase.
For more information, or to schedule a consultation, please contact Dentistry at LaSalle
, our Aldershot office, at (905) 481-9078.