Dr. Swati Khanna Wins
"Best Dentist" Readers’ Choice Award for Three Years in a Row!
People in and around Burlington, ON have once again shown their love and loyalty towards Dr. Swati Khanna (Dentistry at La Salle) by choosing her for the “Best Dentist” Readers’ Choice Award for 2018. Dr. Khanna was also chosen for this award in 2017 and 2016.
Dental Crowns and Bridges
The Dentistry at LaSalle team is dedicated to helping you love your beautiful and healthy smile. We offer a variety of restorative options at our Aldershot, Burlington practice. Dental crowns and bridges are among the most versatile and popular solutions for restoring or replacing teeth.
A crown covers the tooth, restoring size, shape, and strength
. It covers all sides of the treated tooth, fitting like a cap. Benefits of dental crowns include:
- Protect a weak tooth after root canal therapy
- Restore a broken tooth
- Repair decay that is too severe for a filling
- Correct a misshapen tooth for cosmetic or functional improvement
A bridge is a complete unit comprised of dental crowns with a prosthetic tooth fused between them. It literally bridges the gap where a tooth is missing. The crowns are fitted over teeth on either side of the gap, positioning the replacement tooth precisely where the natural one had been.
Benefits of a dental bridge include:
- Fast and economical tooth replacement solution
- Natural, beautiful appearance
- Restore chewing ability
The process is very similar for a dental crown or bridge. We begin with an examination and consultation. If you choose a crown of bridge, the procedure is generally completed in just a few visits:
- The tooth or teeth are prepared by removing damaged and diseased material, and then shaped for optimal retention.
- A temporary restoration is placed, while the permanent one is created by a quality dental laboratory.
- The new restoration is checked for fit and appearance, then permanently cemented in place.
- The entire process generally takes about a week.
We also offer fillings, dental bonding, veneers, implants, dentures, and other options. Call us at (905) 481-9078 to schedule a consultation and find out what is best for you.