Burlington patients learn the advantages of dental implants
A beautiful, natural smile is something we all want. However, problems can arise. A missing tooth often causes embarrassment and leads to patients hiding their smiles. Drs. Swati Khanna, Liliana Otrocol, and Sam Gupta at Dentistry at LaSalle in Aldershot, Burlington want to give you back your smile. Dental implants are an option to replace missing teeth. giving you a nice smile again.
A dental implant is placed into your jawbone. It is a titanium post on which a dental crown or bridge can be attached to replace a natural tooth.
There are many advantages to choosing dental implants.
- Implants can be used to replace single or multiple missing teeth.
- During the implant process, a temporary restoration can be placed so the bite and mouth still feel natural without a gap from a missing tooth.
- Implants are secure and feel natural. Because the base is inserted into the gums, there is no feeling of movement.
- Patients do not have to change their daily lifestyle and can continue to eat as usual. Without a missing tooth, they can chew more naturally.
- Once finished, the implant and porcelain crown are aesthetically pleasing and appear natural.
The goal of dental implants is to give patients a natural looking smile. The entire process takes four to nine months. The implant is inserted into the jawbone, and once that heals, an abutment is added so the new tooth can be attached. The new tooth is customised to match your teeth so it remains natural.
Don’t let a missing tooth keep you from smiling. Schedule a consultation with one of our friendly dentists. The doctors at Dentistry at LaSalle in Aldershot, Burlington are available to discuss your options on dental implants or any other dental concerns you may have. (905) 481-9078.