Dr. Swati Khanna Wins
"Best Dentist" Readers’ Choice Award for Four Years in a Row!
People in and around Burlington, ON have once again shown their love and loyalty towards Dr. Swati Khanna (Dentistry at La Salle) by choosing her for the “Best Dentist” Readers’ Choice Award for 2018. Dr. Khanna was also chosen for this award in 2017 and 2016.
Modern technology has changed, and greatly improved, the way we approach medical care, including dentistry. Perhaps one of the greatest innovations is the dental laser, which enables faster, more accurate, more comfortable
treatment. Here at Dentistry at LaSalle
in Aldershot, Burlington, we use laser dentistry for a variety of applications.
Benefits of laser dentistry
Our office is equipped with a diode laser, which replaces the traditional scalpel in periodontal surgery. It may be used for cosmetic gum contouring, or for therapeutic treatment for periodontitis. The advantages of this method include:
- The laser cauterizes tissue for a nearly bloodless surgery. This is especially beneficial for patients who feel squeamish about blood, and those who are prone to excessive bleeding.
- No stitches are needed, making recovery much more comfortable.
- Laser energy kills bacteria, which helps eliminate gum disease and minimizes risk of post-surgical infection.
- Lasers target tissue with precision accuracy, avoiding injury to nearby healthy tissue. The procedure is conservative and efficient, with minimal discomfort and faster recovery than scalpel-based surgery
Minimally invasive treatment for periodontal disease
As gum disease progresses, it causes the gums to detach from teeth, creating pockets. The deeper these pockets become, the harder they are to clean, and the more space there is for bacteria to colonize. Reattachment is key in healing periodontal disease and preventing recurrence. Gum surgery removes bacteria, biofilm, and diseased tissue so that the healthy portion of the gums can re-attach to tooth root surfaces.
Laser-assisted new attachment is a minimally invasive
alternative to standard scalpel-based flap surgery for periodontal disease. It can be completed in less time, with less discomfort, and faster healing. The laser procedure is usually completed in one visit.
If you want to enjoy the benefits of laser dentistry, call
(905) 481-9078 and schedule your appointment at Dentistry at LaSalle.