Patients in Burlington, ON are looking to improve their smile with dentures
Are you embarrassed by your smile because you have lost several or, in some cases, all your teeth? Dr. Swatti Khanna and her team at Dentistry at LaSalle in Burlington, ON values the opportunity to complete your smile with artificial, yet natural looking and affordable dentures that you will be proud of. Dr. Khanna looks forward to assisting you through the process of creating customized dentures that will fit comfortably and provide you with renewed chewing power, among other benefits.
Traditional Denture Options
There are multiple denture options available to patients, depending on their needs, which include:
- Partial Dentures – Produced for patients that are missing teeth but who don’t need full dentures. Partial dentures are designed to fit around your remaining natural teeth
- Full Dentures – Produced for patients who have experienced full tooth loss in one of both arches. A gum colored base is used, into which a complete set of prosthetic teeth are set into. Full dentures are fully customized to fit comfortable into the patient’s mouth.
Dentures, while offering many benefits, are not a perfect solution. They have flaws and limitations just as most all solutions do in life. With dentures, these limitations present themselves when you opt for non-implanted dentures that you affix using only a denture adhesive. When using a denture adhesive, it’s very common for the fit of the denture to not be quite right and also for them to occasionally slip out. Some other issues you may experience with dentures which are not implanted can include:
- The dentures can be a source of noise when you speak or move your mouth
- The dentures can be a cause of discomfort if not properly fitted
- The dentures may only provide reduced chewing power
It’s been found that traditional dentures, in some situations, can even accelerate bone loss in the jaw causing fitting issues.
Implanted dentures address many of the problems associated with traditional dentures. With implanted dentures, anywhere between two to four implants are inserted into the jaw and then existing dentures are retrofitted with snap on attachments which affix to the implants. Implanted dentures fit much more comfortably, increase chewing power and are still incredibly easy to remove for cleaning and care without the need of any additional adhesive.
If you are experiencing tooth loss and would like to fill your smile so that you can not only restore full functionality, but also the confidence that many of us lose when missing teeth, then give Dr. Swatti Khanna and her team at Dentistry at LaSalle in Burlington, ON a call at (905) 481-9078 to set up an appointment. She would love to sit down with you to discuss all available options.